The food industry in India is expected to witness unprecedented growth in the coming years due to many factors that may vary from increased health consciousness, changes in eating habits, and the rise in demand for a sedentary lifestyle. Food business operators face multiple challenges to obtain India’s Food Safety and Standards Authority – FSSAI license for food import, food product approval and FSSAI food registration despite the market growth.
FSSAI, over the years, has been trying to set up a self-compliant culture in the food industry. The FBO is responsible for product safety and the information available on the product label, including strong manufacturing, control, and claims data. Although the regulations are in place for the FSSAI food license, the challenge lies in comprehending the regional compliance requirements related to food composition, sourcing ingredients, and advertising restrictions on special foods and infant foods.
With in-depth knowledge of FSSAI registration process FSSAI regulations, Freyr provides Regulatory support for food and food supplement manufacturers. Freyr’s Regulatory assistance spans various compliance requirements, including food product classification, product compliance, label, and claims compliance, and submitting a dossier for the FSSAI product approval, food license, food product approval and food registration.
- Food Product Registration in India/ FSSAI Food Registration
- Food Product Classification
- Formula Review/Ingredients Assessment
- Food Label Review and Claims Review
- FSSAI Food Safety Risk Management
- Claims Consultation and Substantiation
- Compliance as per the New Labeling Regulation
- FSSAI License Support
- FSSAI Product Approval Support
- Regulatory Intelligence Reports/Training Manuals – FSSAI Regulations and Standards
- Product-specific Updates on the Regulatory Guidelines/Standards
- Product Specification Review (Gap analysis)
- Import Support - Documentation and License
- Onsite Training Program for Senior Management & Food Handlers
- Re-formulation Strategies to Switch from OTC to Dietary Supplements
- FSSAI Schedule IV and GMP Audits for Manufacturing Premises
- End-to-end Regulatory consultation for FSSAI License
- In-house Food Safety Supervisors (FSS) certified from the FSSAI
- Regulatory consulting and advice for food products, dietary supplements and nutraceuticals launch in India.
- Expertise in importing food products and nutraceuticals in India
- Competencies in total Regulatory and the FSSAI approval support for food product categories such as infant nutrition, sports supplements/sports nutrition, food, and beverages (chocolates and cookies), FSDU (foods for special dietary use), FSMP (food for special medical purpose), novel foods
- Guidance for advertising and promotional material
- On-site/online training on the FSSAI requirements for FBOs (Food Business Operators)
- Qualified team of experts with hands-on experience across all categories of foods like health supplements, dietary supplements, nutraceuticals, health functional foods, health functional beverages, foods for special dietary use, etc. specifically for the India market
- Support for region-specific Regulatory complexities
- Extensive partner network across the globe
- A strong relationship with FSSAI and the FSSAI approved laboratories.