Cosmetic Product Registration in India - Overview
India, with the world’s second-largest population, stands as a lucrative market for cosmetic products. The regulation of beauty and personal care products in India falls under the purview of the Indian Drugs and Cosmetics Act 1940 and Rules 1945 vide Gazette Notification G.S.R 763(E). Manufacturers, their authorized agents and subsidiaries in India, and other importers can obtain a cosmetics registration certificate in India for importing their cosmetics by applying through the official online portal, known as SUGAM, and uploading the necessary documents.
The application process for cosmetic product registration in India is carried out by submitting Form COS – 1, along with other required documents to obtain the Registration Certificate, i.e., Form COS – 2. Now, with newer technologies and innovations coming into the picture, Novel Cosmetics and cosmetic product safety assessments are also trending in the cosmetics Industry. Considering this, the CDSCO has introduced registration of Novel Cosmetics, where the application is submitted through Form COS – 12 and approval is received on Form COS – 3.
While the Regulatory process is moderate in approach, the key challenge lies in making appropriate product and placement decisions in suburban and rural areas of the sub-continental country. The lack of evolved supply and distribution channels acts as another key setback in navigating through the region. With a global operation center in India, Freyr provides Regulatory Intelligence (RI) services to decipher the CDSCO Cosmetics Regulations and identify the right channels and products to retain optimum market potential.
Our team of Regulatory Experts is proven to guide applicants in adept cosmetic formulation review/cosmetics ingredient review, cosmetic labeling review (as per cosmetic labeling requirements in India), cosmetic claims review, and cosmetics registration in India with accurate documentation, complying with the Indian cosmetics regulations and other process-related services.
Cosmetic Product Registration in India - Freyr Expertise
- Cosmetic product classification.
- Cosmetic formulation/cosmetics ingredient review.
- Cosmetic claims review.
- Label review as per the Indian Regulatory requirements for labeling of cosmetics i.e., Cosmetics Rules 2020 and Legal Metrology Rules (cosmetic labeling requirements in India)
- Dossier compilation.
- Cosmetics registration in India through Form COS – 1.
- Obtaining cosmetics registration certificate through Form COS – 2.
- Filing of novel cosmetic applications through Form COS – 12 and approval on Form COS – 3.
- Post-approval support like re-registration, notification, and endorsement.
- Regulatory Intelligence (RI) services.
- Authorized agent services.
- SUGAM portal membership
Cosmetic Product Registration in India - Freyr Advantages
- End-to-end Cosmetic Regulatory consultation, including authorized agent services.
- Aid in procuring SUGAM portal membership.
- A qualified team of experts with hands-on experience across all cosmetic categories such as skin care, hair care, infant care, oral care, beauty products, etc.
- Support for region-specific Regulatory complexities.
- Global operational center in India.
- Cost-effective service with quick turnarounds and faster time-to-market.